TOP RATED CLASSIC MEATLOAF
My family enjoyed the slightly spicy taste of this meatloaf. This recipe, submitted by a local DJ, was in our local paper.
Provided by Rosemary Chapman
Categories One Dish Meal
Yield 1 Meatloaf, 4-6 serving(s)
Number Of Ingredients 12
- 1 1/2 lbs ground beef
- 1 cup cracker crumb
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons mustard
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- Preheat oven 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine ground beef, cracker crumbs, salt, pepper, egg, onion and tomato sauce.
- Mix lightly.
- Shape into a loaf and place in a baking dish.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine the ketchup, brown sugar, water, mustard and vinegar.
- Brush the loaf with this mixture.
- Place meat loaf in oven and bake 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting occasionally with sauce.
Keep this meatloaf recipe handy: It's the only one you'll need.
Provided by Food Network Kitchen
Number Of Ingredients 10
- 1 1/2 pounds ground meatloaf mix (equal parts ground beef, pork and veal or turkey)
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 medium onion, grated
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment.
- Combine the meatloaf mix, breadcrumbs, parsley, eggs, onion, garlic, 1/4 cup of the ketchup, 1 tablespoon of the Worcestershire, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a large mixing bowl. Using your hands, mix together until well combined.
- Transfer the mixture to the prepared baking sheet and form it into a compact oval-shaped loaf about 9 inches by 5 inches. Bake the meatloaf for 30 minutes.
- Stir the brown sugar together with the remaining 1/4 cup ketchup and 1 teaspoon Worcestershire in a small bowl for the glaze. Brush the top and sides of the meatloaf all over with the glaze. Return to the oven and bake until the glaze starts to caramelize and a thermometer inserted in the center of the meatloaf registers 160 degrees F, about 25 minutes more. Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
Make and share this Mediterranean Spinach Quiche recipe from Food.com.
Provided by 49flavours
Stir-fried eggplant with onion in a delicious spicy sauce. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Provided by venymae
I looked at several Thai recipes and then came up with this. It was so good (meaning my husband gobbled it up), I had to write it down and share it.
Provided by tumbleweedland
This authentic Cantonese version of chow mein features fresh egg noodles, which are fried into a cake that softens slightly when topped with a meat and...
Provided by Lillian Chou
The subtle flavour of asparagus works really well with salty pairings, as with this salted anchovy, balsamic and black olive mayonnaise
Provided by Tom Kerridge
You can use canned mandarin oranges in place of fresh, and add in a bit of sugar to the dressing. Plan ahead this salad needs to chill for a minimum of...
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Make and share this Fabulous Zucchini Bread recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tonkcats
Provided by ukiahgal67
Make and share this Veggie Casserole recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Derf2440
From thenest.com which featured this recipe from 150 Things to Make with Roast Chicken by Tony Rosenfeld.
Provided by ThatSouthernBelle
After perusing the internet for a good sweet potato fry, I finally gave up and decided to just wing it myself. Boy am I glad I didn't chicken out and just...
Provided by Kelly Williams @WildfloursCottageKitchen
I improvised this recipe when I was looking for quick Lenten dishes, but it has become a favorite for my husband and me all year long. -Esther Pittello,...
Provided by Taste of Home
Simply put, delicious! A little on the decadent side, but it can be made with fat-free half-and-half and a heart-healthy spread instead of butter. Serve...
Provided by LisaJ
I use my slow cooker to prepare these well-seasoned chicken breasts that cook up moist and tender. My daughter, who has two young sons to keep up with,...
Provided by Taste of Home
Scotch Eggs are hard cooked eggs covered in sausage and deep fried, and Chile Rellenos are cheese stuffed green chili's that are battered and deep fried....
Provided by robynleewade
Make and share this Junior League - Southwest Green Chile Corn Bread recipe from Food.com.
Provided by JLofAustin
Provided by Guy Fieri
Provided by Food Network
Provided by Food Network
I love the freshness of the berries, with the creaminess of the cheese, and crunch from the almonds! This is my perfect salad - and it is a fabulous base...
Provided by Rebekah Rose Hills
People also searched
More about "classic meatloaf food"
MEATLOAF WITH TOMATO SAUCE RECIPE | BBC GOOD FOOD
Servings 6Total Time 40 minsCategory Dinner, Main CourseCalories 463 per serving
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion, cook for 4-5 mins over a low heat, then stir in the garlic. Leave to cool completely.
- To make the tomato sauce, heat the oil in a saucepan and fry the onion, carrot and celery for 3-4 mins, then add the garlic and cook for a minute. Add the passata and bring to a simmer, then season and cook for 5 mins.
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Mix the cooled onion with the tomato purée, mince, egg and breadcrumbs, and season. Line a 900g loaf tin with a liner or baking parchment and pack in the meatloaf mixture. Cook for 20-25 mins or until a skewer poked into the centre feels roasting hot when pulled out. Leave to rest for 10 mins before lifting out of the tin.
- Serve slices of the meatloaf with some tomato sauce spooned over. Wrap any remaining meatloaf and use it as a sandwich filling for a lunchbox. Can be frozen for up to a month.
CLASSIC MEATLOAF- MOM'S RECIPE! HEATHER LIKES FOOD
4.6/5 (22)Total Time 1 hr 5 minsCategory Main CourseCalories 487 per serving
- Combine the milk and crushed saltine crackers in a small bowl. Allow to soak for about 5 minutes or until the crackers are soft. Whisk in the egg, salt, sage, dill, and pepper.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil and shape meat into a loaf shape. Dip fingers in water and smooth out the cracks with your if needed.
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE • NOURISHING JOY
Servings 1Total Time 1 hr 45 minsEstimated Reading Time 7 mins
- Generously butter a 9" x 5" loaf pan, a 13" x 9" baking pan, or line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Place all ingredients except for meat in a large bowl and using your (very clean) hands, mix everything well. Add the meat and mix only until everything becomes homogeneous - do not overmix.
- Place the meatloaf mixture in your prepared pan or shape into a rectangle on the baking sheet. If you use the baking sheet, cover the meat with foil or parchment and place a pan of hot water in the oven to keep the top from cracking.
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE | MARTHA STEWART
Category Ground Beef RecipesCalories 464 per serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Place bread in food processor; pulse until fine crumbs form. Transfer to a small bowl; stir in milk. Set aside, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine beef, pork, onion, garlic, egg, 1/4 cup ketchup, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add bread-milk mixture, and mix very gently with a fork (do not overmix).
- Place meat mixture on prepared baking sheet, and form into a loaf about 9 inches long and 4 to 5 inches wide.
- Bake, brushing twice with remaining 1/4 cup ketchup during baking, until an instant-read thermometer registers 160 degrees, 45 to 55 minutes. Let meatloaf rest 10 minutes before slicing and serving.
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE | MCCORMICK
Cuisine AmericanCategory EntreesServings 8
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE | QUAKER OATS
HOW TO MAKE A CLASSIC MEATLOAF | FIRST...YOU HAVE A BEER
5/5 (1)Total Time 1 hr 50 minsCategory Main DishCalories 335 per serving
- Make the sauce by mixing all the ingredients for the sauce together in a small bowl. Set aside. This sauce will benefit from sitting for a while.
- Process the onion and garlic in a food processor (or grater) until they are very fine-set aside and make sure to save all the liquid with them.
- Crumble each meat by hand into a large glass bowl. Gently combine the meats to integrate completely.
GRANNY'S CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE AND VIDEO - SELF ...
Ratings 137Calories 383 per servingCategory Main Course
- Melt butter in saute pan over medium heat. Cook onions until fragrant and slightly brown while stirring occasionally, about 3-5 minutes. Reduce heat to low and add garlic, cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In large bowl, combine ground beef, egg, bread crumbs, milk, Worcestershire sauce, thyme, salt and cooked onions and garlic. Use hands to mix well, but try not to over work the meat. Shape into loaf on parchment lined baking sheet. Use sharp knife to cut a criss cross pattern on top.
- Bake uncovered in the preheated oven 40 minutes. While meatloaf is cooking, combine ketchup with mustard and brown sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (3)Total Time 1 hr 15 minsCategory MeatCalories 511 per serving
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In large bowl, mix all ingredients, except ketchup. Spread mixture in ungreased 9x5 inch loaf pan. Spread ketchup over top.
- Bake uncovered 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes or until thermometer reads at least 160 degrees. Drain meat loaf. Let stand 5 minutes. Remove from pan.
- *You may substitute 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs, 1/2 cup crushed seasoned crackers or 3/4 cup quick cooking oats for the chopped bread.
EASY CLASSIC MEATLOAF AND GRAVY RECIPE | FOODAL
Cuisine Comfort FoodTotal Time 1 hr 10 minsCategory MeatloafCalories 279 per serving
- While the meatloaf is resting, make the gravy by melting the butter in a medium sauce pot over medium heat.
THE BEST CLASSIC MEATLOAF - THE WHOLESOME DISH
5/5 Calories 164 per servingCategory Dinner, Entree, Main Course, Main Dish
- In a large bowl, add the beef, bread crumbs, onion, milk, egg, 2 tablespoons ketchup, worcestershire sauce, parsley, salt, garlic powder, and pepper. Use your hands to mush and mix these ingredients together until well combined.*
- In a small bowl, add 1/4 cup ketchup, the brown sugar, and vinegar. Stir to combine. Pour the sauce on top of the meatloaf and spread it into an even layer.
CLASSIC VEGAN MEATLOAF | THE WHOLE FOOD PLANT BASED ...
3/5 (166)Total Time 1 hrCategory MainsCalories 200 per serving
CLASSIC MEATLOAF | ALLRECIPES
4.5/5 (575)Calories 284 per serving
TRADITIONAL AMERICAN MEATLOAF RECIPE - BBC FOOD
Cuisine AmericanCategory Main CourseServings 8-10
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE WITH A TWIST RECIPE
5/5 (31)Total Time 55 minsCategory Dinner, Main CourseCalories 499 per serving
CLASSIC HOMEMADE MEATLOAF - BUDGET BYTES
Reviews 2Calories 204 per servingTotal Time 1 hr 5 mins
GRANDMA'S MEATLOAF RECIPE: A MOIST GROUND BEEF MEATLOAF ...
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE - PIONEERWOMANRANCH
FOOD WISHES VIDEO RECIPES: CLASSIC “ALL AMERICAN” MEATLOAF
CLASSIC MEATLOAF RECIPE FOR MEATLOAF - WATCH COOKING ...
40 BEST MEATLOAF RECIPES | EASY MEATLOAF ... - FOOD NETWORK
AIR FRYER MEATLOAF - SO JUICY! - THE RECIPE REBEL
MEATLOAF RECIPES | BBC GOOD FOOD
HOW TO MAKE A CLASSIC MEATLOAF - AFFORDABLE FOODIE RECIPES
CLASSIC MEATLOAF | ICEMUNMUN ON PATREON
MEATLOAF RECIPE WITH CRACKERS AND SAUSAGE / VIEW COOKING ...