SLOW COOKER HOMEMADE BEANS
- 3 cups dry navy beans, soaked overnight or boiled for one hour
- 1 ½ cups ketchup
- 1 ½ cups water
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 6 slices thick cut bacon, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Drain soaking liquid from beans, and place them in a Slow Cooker.
- Stir ketchup, water, molasses, onion, mustard, salt, bacon, and brown sugar into the beans until well mixed.
- Cover, and cook on LOW for 8 to 10 hours, stirring occasionally if possible, though not necessary.
Nutrition Facts : Calories 296.1 calories, Carbohydrate 57 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Fat 3 g, Fiber 12.9 g, Protein 12.4 g, SaturatedFat 0.7 g, Sodium 1312.2 mg, Sugar 23.3 g
Make and share this Mediterranean Spinach Quiche recipe from Food.com.
Provided by 49flavours
Stir-fried eggplant with onion in a delicious spicy sauce. Serve over hot cooked rice.
Provided by venymae
I looked at several Thai recipes and then came up with this. It was so good (meaning my husband gobbled it up), I had to write it down and share it.
Provided by tumbleweedland
This authentic Cantonese version of chow mein features fresh egg noodles, which are fried into a cake that softens slightly when topped with a meat and...
Provided by Lillian Chou
The subtle flavour of asparagus works really well with salty pairings, as with this salted anchovy, balsamic and black olive mayonnaise
Provided by Tom Kerridge
You can use canned mandarin oranges in place of fresh, and add in a bit of sugar to the dressing. Plan ahead this salad needs to chill for a minimum of...
Provided by Kittencalrecipezazz
Make and share this Fabulous Zucchini Bread recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Tonkcats
Provided by ukiahgal67
Make and share this Veggie Casserole recipe from Food.com.
Provided by Derf2440
From thenest.com which featured this recipe from 150 Things to Make with Roast Chicken by Tony Rosenfeld.
Provided by ThatSouthernBelle
After perusing the internet for a good sweet potato fry, I finally gave up and decided to just wing it myself. Boy am I glad I didn't chicken out and just...
Provided by Kelly Williams @WildfloursCottageKitchen
I improvised this recipe when I was looking for quick Lenten dishes, but it has become a favorite for my husband and me all year long. -Esther Pittello,...
Provided by Taste of Home
Simply put, delicious! A little on the decadent side, but it can be made with fat-free half-and-half and a heart-healthy spread instead of butter. Serve...
Provided by LisaJ
I use my slow cooker to prepare these well-seasoned chicken breasts that cook up moist and tender. My daughter, who has two young sons to keep up with,...
Provided by Taste of Home
Scotch Eggs are hard cooked eggs covered in sausage and deep fried, and Chile Rellenos are cheese stuffed green chili's that are battered and deep fried....
Provided by robynleewade
Make and share this Junior League - Southwest Green Chile Corn Bread recipe from Food.com.
Provided by JLofAustin
Provided by Guy Fieri
Provided by Food Network
Provided by Food Network
I love the freshness of the berries, with the creaminess of the cheese, and crunch from the almonds! This is my perfect salad - and it is a fabulous base...
Provided by Rebekah Rose Hills
People also searched
More about "healthy bean crock pot food"
SLOW-COOKED BEANS RECIPE | EATINGWELL
3.7/5 (6)Calories 253 per servingTotal Time 5 hrs
- Soak beans in enough cold water to cover them by 2 inches for 6 hours or overnight. (Alternatively, use the quick-soak method: Place beans in a large pot with enough water to cover by 2 inches. Bring to a boil over high heat. Remove from heat and let stand for 1 hour.)
- Drain the beans and place them in a slow cooker. Add onion, garlic, thyme and bay leaf. Pour in boiling water. Cook, covered, on high until beans are tender, 2 to 3 1/2 hours. Add salt, cover, and cook for 15 minutes more.
SIMPLE AND HEALTHY CROCKPOT BEAN SOUP. - THE PRETTY BEE
5/5 (1)Total Time 14 hrsCategory SoupCalories 95 per serving
- Rinse and drain the beans, then place in a pot and cover with fresh water. Bring to a boil on the stove, and let boil for 10 minutes. This is to destroy any toxins that are in the beans.
- Drain the beans again and place in the crockpot with the chopped onion, carrots, celery, garlic cloves, garlic powder, and water.
- Cook on high for 5 hours, or low for 8 hours. You can check the liquid level, and add a bit more if needed, but this is supposed to be a thick soup.
HEALTHY BAKED BEANS (INSTANT POT + SLOW COOKER) - THE ...
4.9/5 (37)Total Time 1 hr 25 minsCategory SideCalories 136 per serving
- Press the SAUTE setting on your Instant Pot and add 1/4 cup water. When hot, add onion and saute for 4 minutes. Add the smoked paprika and garlic powder, cook for 1 minute, or until fragrant, stirring frequently.
- In bottom of slow cooker, add the onion, beans, maple syrup, vinegar, 4 cups water/broth, tomato paste, smoked paprika, garlic powder, mustard, pepper, and bay leaves. Gently stir, until the tomato paste has broken up and dissolved.
CROCK POT PINTO BEANS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (10)Total Time 17 hrsCategory One Dish MealCalories 301 per serving
- Put them into a large bowl and cover with hot water and let sit over night.This helps cut down on cooking time and take some of the "gas" out. They will swell quite a bit so you need a large bowl.
OLD-FASHIONED BEAN POT BAKED BEANS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
4.5/5 (4)Total Time 6 hrsCategory BeansCalories 345 per serving
- Rinse beans and pick them over. Put beans in a large plastic container with three times as much water as beans. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain beans. Combine beans and chopped onion in a large saucepan. Add water to cover them and heat to boiling. Cover and let simmer about 30 minutes. Drain liquid into a small bowl to reserve for sauce and for cooking.
- Measure 1/2 cup of the bean liquid into a bowl. Add the orange juice, molasses, maple syrup, ketchup, and prepared mustard. Then add the brown sugar, stirring to dissolve. Lastly, add the dry mustard and salt and combine.
- In a 2-quart bean crock or covered baking dish layer half the salt pork and all of the beans, making sure to bury the peeled, whole onion in the bottom. Pour the sauce mixture over beans and add just enough reserved bean liquid to cover them. Top with remaining salt pork.
CROCK POT BEANS RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (7)Total Time 8 hrs 15 minsCategory PorkCalories 912 per serving
SLOW COOKER PINTO BEANS RECIPE | ALLRECIPES
5/5 (246)Total Time 13 hrs 20 minsCategory Main Dishes, Pork, HamCalories 366 per serving
- Place onion, green bell pepper, celery, garlic, Black Forest ham, soaked pinto beans, cumin, oregano, bay leaves, and lard in a slow cooker.
HEALTHY CROCK POT RECIPES: CALICO BEANS | HEAVENLY …
HEALTHIER CROCKPOT ‘BAKED’ BEANS | CLEAN FOOD CRUSH
Servings 8Category Recipes
10 BEST CROCK POT BEAN SOUP RECIPES | YUMMLY
COOKING BEANS FROM SCRATCH: CROCK POT BEAN BENEFITS ...
HEALTHY SLOW COOKER RECIPES | ALLRECIPES
10 BEST BLACK BEAN SOUP CROCK POT RECIPES | YUMMLY
CROCK POT PINTO BEANS | EASY RECIPE WITH NO SOAKING
4.9/5 (71)Total Time 8 hrs 10 minsCategory Side DishCalories 131 per serving
- Place the pinto beans in a large colander. Thoroughly rinse them. Pick the beans over, removing any damaged or clearly misshapen beans and discarding them. Transfer the rinsed beans to a 6-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Heat the oil in a medium nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, add the onion, jalapeno, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Sauté for 2 minutes, then add the garlic and let cook just until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to the slow cooker. Add the sautéed vegetables, bay leaves, cumin, oregano, cayenne, and remaining teaspoon salt. Pour the broth and water over the top.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 8 to 10 hours, until the beans are tender. All slow cookers are different and can heat things differently, so if yours tends to run hot, check it earlier on. Depending upon your model, there may be some liquid still in the slow cooker. Discard the bay leaves.
- FOR REGULAR PINTO BEANS (not refried): Drain the liquid if you like, or leave the liquid in the crock pot and serve the beans with it (I like them a bit soupy over rice), or use a slotted spoon for serving and drain the beans at the end prior to storing. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
CROCK POT PINTO BEANS (WITH HAM) - A PINCH OF HEALTHY
5/5 (1)Total Time 7 hrs 10 minsCategory Side DishCalories 159 per serving
- Put on the lid, and cook on high heat until the beans are to desired tenderness. Mine took 7 hours.
CROCKPOT GREEN BEANS AND BACON (DUMP AND START) - RECIPES ...
5/5 (4)Total Time 3 hrs 40 minsCategory Side DishCalories 74 per serving
PERFECT CROCK POT BEANS - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 2 hrs 35 minsCategory SideCalories 354 per serving
- Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 2.5-3 hours, stirring occasionally throughout cooking
HAM AND BEANS (CROCK-POT) RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (6)Total Time 7 hrs 5 minsServings 6Calories 106 per serving
- Rinse and sort thru beans (has anyone ever really found a rock in these?). Cover with water and let sit overnight.
- In the morning, drain water, rinse again and place beans in the crockpot. Dump in all of the other ingredients (except ham bone) and give it a few good stirs.
- Remove the bay leaf, ham bone and fish out any bones that may have fallen off during cooking. Stir the beans a few times. Remove 1 cup of the beans and place in a bowl, mash them with a potato masher or back of a spoon, then return to the beans and stir; this helps thicken it up a bit.
HEARTY BLACK BEAN CHOWDER - CROCK POT RECIPE - FOOD.COM
5/5 (12)Total Time 8 hrs 10 minsCategory ChowdersCalories 141 per serving
SLOW COOKER BEAN WITH BACON SOUP - RECIPES THAT CROCK!
5/5 (2)Total Time 3 hrs 15 minsCategory SoupCalories 285 per serving
CROCK POT BEAN CHILI - FOOD FAITH FITNESS
Cuisine AmericanTotal Time 4 hrs 15 minsCategory DinnerCalories 241 per serving
CROCK POT BLACK BEAN AND SWEET POTATO STEW RECIPE - MY ...
Reviews 4Calories 294 per servingCategory Vegan Recipes
RECIPE FOR CROCK POT REFRIED BEANS | FOOD
50 CROCK POT RECIPES THAT ARE HEALTHY & LOW CALORIE - NOOM
MEXICAN BLACK BEAN RECIPES CROCK POT - ALL INFORMATION ...
3 BEAN SOUP CROCK POT RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
CROCK POT HAM, BEAN, AND CABBAGE SOUP RECIPE - EASY RECIPES
DRY BEANS IN CROCK POT - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
32 SKINNY SLOW COOKER DUMP RECIPES | HEALTHY CROCK-POT …
HOW TO MAKE CROCK POT BEANS - YOUTUBE
GREEN BEANS AND BEEF IN CROCK POT RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
12 BEAN SOUP CROCK POT - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
FROZEN GREEN BEANS IN CROCK POT RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
BEANS IN CROCK POT EXPRESS - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT HEALTHY ...
CROCK POT PORTUGUESE BEAN SOUP - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
ADZUKI BEANS IN CROCK POT RECIPES | SPARKRECIPES
CROCK POT LIMA BEANS AND HAM HOCKS RECIPES
10 BEST CROCK POT PINTO BEANS WITH BACON RECIPES | YUMMLY
CROCK POT CANNED BLACK BEAN SOUP RECIPE - SHARE-RECIPES.NET
KICKOFF CROCK-POT SEASON EARLY WITH THIS POT BORRACHO BEAN ...
CROCK POT HAM AND BEANS | RECIPE CART
MAINE BAKED BEANS CROCK POT - ALL INFORMATION ABOUT ...
10 BEST DRY BEANS CROCK POT RECIPES | YUMMLY
CROCK POT RECIPES BEANS AND HAM - JUST EASY RECIPE
EASY CROCK POT BLACK BEANS - CREATE THE MOST AMAZING DISHES
CROCK POT PORK N BEANS : OPTIMAL RESOLUTION LIST - BESTDOGWIKI